Subject: Re: PAR with NT & Premiere?
From: [email-masked] (Nathan Kelly - GTC)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 07:38:38 -0700

Hi all;
        I originally posted that the PAR drivers would use avi's.  The Tech 
support group at dps told me this.  It is false.  However since Premiere 
will work with sequenced frames (ie BMP's or TGA's), you should be able to 
select the correct directory for the par drive (tga or bmp) and read in the 
sequence and then render out to the par as a sequence of frames.  As to the 
question of setting up the par to work with premiere, the original text 
files that came with the windows drivers (avi2par and par2avi codec) contain 
information on which inupt and output options to choose to work with 
premiere (w3.1).  These should get you started.  The zip of those codecs is 
still available at dps's ftp site.  I'm waiting for my upgrade to premiere 
NT currently or i would be able to tell you more. TTFN Nathan 

At 08:32 PM 4/16/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I heard that with the new NT drivers from DPS, the PAR ANI files could be
>seen to Premiere as AVI files?
>Under NT there doesnt seem to be a ANI to AVI converter or visa-versa?

I haven't seen the PAR/NT drivers yet, but under PVR/NT there is a AVI
convertor that makes a proxy .avi for the .pvd files. There should be
something similar for the PAR/NT drivers.

Is there a 3rdparty.hlp file included in the PAR/NT drivers? For the PVR it
tells you how to setup the PVR and Premiere to work together.